the voice in my hands (VIMH) is launching a new mentorship program in 2019. VIMH is an independent Melbourne theatre company that makes bold original new work and provides frames of development for the new writing and performance community. VIMH commits to risk, rigour and care in every project it undertakes.
VIMH has previously run new writing development program dinner and a show, which explored the generative process of coming together over a shared meal and supported over 15 writers across a two-year period. Artistic Director Liv Satchell also co-founded Small and Loud, which is a monthly performance program run out of The Channel at Arts Centre Melbourne.
VIMH is now turning to a more concentrated and sustained version of this development support by working closely with two artists over an 8-month period (May – December 2019). This will be a dynamic program, tailored to the needs of each artist. This means that we (this is Liv here – hello) will have a conversation about what you want to achieve by the end of the year, and then we will build a structure together that will (fingers crossed) get you there.
Who is this for?
It’s for artists who might be interested in:
- Community facilitation – how to create and hold space
- The terrain of text-based theatre-making
- Refining a project idea
- Dramaturgical support
- A conversation series to specify your practice
What does VIMH want from you?
- Creative development support (planned periods are June [TBC] and 21-26 October)
- Assistance in researching community development initiatives (eg. The Generosity Bank)
How do I submit an EOI?
- Tell me about yourself. Not a bio – what you care about and what you’re thinking about at the moment.
- How would you describe your practice? (If your answer is ‘I don’t know’, tell me about a moment that you’ve been proud of when you were working creatively).
- What do you want to get out of this 8-month mentorship?
These answers can be as long or short as you like, and in whatever medium you prefer. Please email them, and any questions you might have, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 1 May, 5.00pm. Pending applications received, there may be a low-impact interview process before final selections are made.